Please read through these pre-screening questions. This will help us rule out any potential barriers to working together. Thanks so much for taking the time!
1. Do you have a flexible schedule and are therefore able to come to in-person sessions during the week in the daytime? My current openings are mid-day (12:15 pm) and mid-afternoon (2:15 pm) on Mondays; 1 pm on Wednesdays; or Thursdays at 12:30 pm or 1:30 pm. I am restricted to working with CA residents only, and in-person sessions are preferable over online sessions. I will consider working online with CA residents in some circumstances.
2. Are you able to commit to a regular weekly time slot? Sessions are 50 minutes long. I do not see people less than once weekly because I believe the therapy is much less effective that way. I will hold a weekly time slot especially for you.
3. Are you able to attend therapy for a few months or longer? Therapy is most beneficial when a relationship is established. Therefore, I do not recommend just one or two sessions. However, I do offer consults about psychedelic use and psychedelic harm reduction. Please let me know if this is what you’re looking for. I am also willing to work over a period of a few months if you are seeking psychedelic integration therapy (please click on link for clarification of what integration services entail). Length of treatment varies and often cannot be predicted. Generally, the more severe the symptoms, the longer and more intensive the treatment.
4. Are you able to pay my fee of $180 per 50-minute session? I do not take insurance. You may be eligible for reimbursement if you have out-of-network benefits (I will provide you with the form you will need to submit to your insurance in that case). You can read more about what to ask when calling your insurance company at the bottom of my contact page here.
5. Are you experiencing severe depression, extreme dissociation, debilitating anxiety or frequent suicidal ideation with a plan to follow through? If your symptoms are extreme, you may need more intensive treatment than I can offer. I will only take you on as a client if I feel that I can fully hold you through what you are going through. With more severe symptoms, I encourage or insist upon more than one session a week. Please do email or call if you’re not sure if your symptoms would be too severe for us to work together. We can assess that together and I might have some other recommendations for you.
If you have read through these questions and want to speak further, please email me at email@example.com, or call me at 510 859-7724 to set up a brief phone consultation.
If your answers to any of the questions above prohibit us from being able to work together, I have listed some referrals and resources below. Please don’t wait to seek help if you are suffering too much!
Some local therapists I often refer to:
Heather Galvano http://www.heathergalvanotherapy.com/
Amy O’Brien http://www.amyobrientherapy.com/
Rae Walker Mountz https://raemountz.com/
Sliding scale therapy in Berkeley:
The Psychotherapy Institute https://www.tpi-berkeley.org/
Women’s Therapy Center http://www.womenstherapy.org/
Psychedelic Integration Providers:
M.A.P.S. list https://integration.maps.org/
Psychedelic Support Network https://psychedelic.support/network/
Crisis Support and hotlines:
Alameda Crisis Support Services https://www.crisissupport.org/
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Local Stabilization Clinic (Sausal Creek) http://www.telecarecorp.com/sausal